Palo Santo Stick
14 In Stock
*Each order contains one Palo Santo stick*
This Holy Wood has amazing spiritual and emotional healing and connecting properties and also heals the physical body of various ailments. Cleansing with the smoke of our sacred Palo Santo sticks is a wonderful thing to do when moving into a new home, after an argument, after illness, if you suspect danger, or just to revitalize your space.
You can smudge your home, work place, car, yourself, pets, or loved ones.
Emotional: Palo Santo has been traditionally used as a cleanser and purifier, which would have an astounding effect on one’s emotional chemistry. The oil relieves anxiety, depression, and emotional pain and suffering.
Physical: Palo Santo has a calming effect on the immune and nervous systems for ease and quicker recovery from ailments. The smoke has been used for many years to relieve common colds, flu, asthma, and headaches. Palo Santo is a powerful antioxidant, as it has the highest amount of d-limonene (60%-70%) of any tree oil.
Spiritual: Being part of the same botanical family as Frankincense and Myrrh, Palo Santo shares many of the same amazing spiritual benefits. Palo Santo is a high frequency essential oil, raising one’s vibration to Divine Peace. The oil also works with the Sacral chakra, enhancing creativity and balances sexual energy. Palo Santo can be used during any yoga or meditation practice, as the oil will enhance one’s connection with God. Palo Santo, being highly physically, mentally, and spiritually healing, affects a variety of the upper and lower chakras on many different levels.
How to smudge:
These steps apply whether you’re smudging yourself, your sacred space, or a divine item.
- Open or crack your windows (to allow the negative energy to go out).
- Set Your intentions (what your intended outcome is/why you are smudging)
- Hold your Palo Santo downward at a 45 degree angle.
- Light the end of the Palo Santo stick with a match, lighter or using the flame from a previously (and intentionally) lit candle.
- Wait about 20-30 seconds for the tip of your Palo Santo stick to fully burn. Gently blow out the flame.
- As the tips of the stick begins to smolder slowly, the sage or Palo Santo should now have orange embers on the end and should be releasing a beautiful, fragrant, thick smoke. Direct this smoke around your body and space with one hand (or a feather) while holding the bundle in the other.
- Allow the incense to linger on the areas of your body or surroundings you’d like to focus on. You may also use a fan or feather to help direct the smoke.
- Allow the ash to collect in a ceramic or wooden bowl, shell or cauldron.
* Shipping time will vary depending on your location.** Expedited delivery is not available on Saturday.
Orders shipping to PO boxes, must ship via Economy or Standard shipping and may require extra time in transit. Duty and taxes are applied when your order arrives, and are not part of our shipping charge.